When I was pregnant I gained a LOT of weight. 50 pounds to be exact. and before I was pregnant I had gained another 10 pounds. So suffice it to say at the end of 2008 I weighed about 150. At the end of 2009 I weighed a whooping 210 pounds. Not something to be proud of considering only twenty of those pounds were baby pounds.
Yeah that was me right before I had the baby. Not a pretty sight. Even for a pregnant woman I was pretty fat. I was so swollen and uncomfortable during my pregnancy and couldn't wait to shed some weight!
So after I had the baby I made a goal that by the end of 2010 I would have lost all the weight I gained during pregnancy. I wanted to get to 160. I started eating healthier and walking and being more active. I knew that if I did a really strict weight loss plan that I wouldn't stick with it, so I did simple things that I knew I could handle, like not eating candies and ice cream everyday and cutting out fast food. I tried to go for a walk everyday even if it was only 3 blocks it was something. and I made it a point to get out of the house and just do something every week that wasn't lazy like playing soccer in the park or walking around the mall.
Well my weight loss plan started working very slowely. I was losing about 2-6 pounds a month, but I was losing it! and the weight was staying off.
I am proud to say that after a long year of feeling chubby and sticking with my plan I was able to meet my goal weight. at the end of 2010 I weighed 158 pounds!
I am still losing weight very slowely, but am glad that I stuck with it and was able to get rid of that extra fat.
I am happy with my weight now but think it would be awsome if I could lose another 5-10. I am currently at 154 pounds as of yesterday! I am very grateful that I was able to do this. I feel so much better. I did this for myself so I could be healthy and confidant, and while sometimes I do have those thoughts like "I wish I could be skinny" they come and go quickly because I know that I am beautiful and I know that I am at a good weight for me.


No comments:
Post a Comment